I love, love, love spending some time practicing yoga, climbing, or just a regular ol’ gym workout. One thing I’ve come to realize is that life is much easier if you keep these essentials in your gym bag. Besides for the regular socks, shoes, and clothing, there are a few other things that are staples for my trips to the gym.
1. A good, sturdy bag. I got a weekender bag and turned it into my gym bag, like this one for $27.80. I keep my combo lock attached to the strap for easy use of the lockers.
2. Batiste’s dry shampoo!! I can’t get enough of this stuff. A little bit goes a long way and putting a little spritz in your root layers can even give you some volumn. I keep one or two mini containers of this in my gym bag, in my desk at work, and of course when I travel.
3. Extra hair ties. I use the plain black ones that you can find at Walgreen’s but someone has really perfected the hair tie and now there are even cute ones! These always come in handy whether you need one or someone happens to ask, you will be the life saver.
4. A pair of flip flops like these ones for $7.50. It feels really good after a hard work out to take your shoes off and let your feet breathe a little bit. This is always my gym bag highlight. I always forget I have them and am always excited to put them on.
5. My Nalgene water bottles. If you know me, you know that I should pretty much have one of these glued to my hip. I’m all about staying hydrated and these things help keep me hydrated all day long. You can also travel with them!
6. Face wipes! You don’t realize how dirty your hands get at the gym let alone what clings to your face when you sweat. Just sayin’, keep your skin clean and keep some of these in your bag.
What are some of your gym bag essentials?!