The holidays can be hard when trying to figure out what to get your friends and family. We’ve compiled a little gift guide for fellow busy bees that have a hard time knowing what to get the ones you appreciate in your life.
(Fun headphones like these ones)
(Fun warm head accessories like this)
(Fun scarf from K.Michael)
(Cute tech covers like these)
(A fun scenic print you can snag from their Instagram! Print it out and frame it for their vanity or bathroom using sites like canvaspop.com)
Hope this helps when shopping for your friends and family. ‘Tis the season to enjoy each others company, so don’t stress over the holidays this year. Happy shopping!
She’s a gorgeous designer from the bay area and has created her own fashion business from scratch. Who wouldn’t want a peek inside Kristen Michael’s life?! When not fully emersed in her work as a special education teacher, she makes time to channel her creativity. We love her work and had a chance to catch up with her to chat about K Michael Style.
1) When did you start designing?
I’ve always had my hands in projects since I was young, but I really started experimenting more after graduating college. I was making reconstructed clothing from vintage pieces, which soon morphed to making jewelry and scarves.
2) What are your favorite fashion concepts? (90’s grunge, bohemian, etc)
I would have to say a blend of bohemian & edgy.
3) What inspires you outside of fashion?
People who love what they do and those that are happy with very little is something that truly inspires me.
4) What’s the best advice you’ve received about starting your own fashion business?
Be more confident in your product and stop being so shy! (Marketing is not my strong suit)
5) What’s the most challenging thing about having your own business?
Time. I am a full time special ed teacher so finding time is my biggest challenge currently. I always think if I had more time I could do this and that….my to-do list for K.Michael is constantly growing.
6) How would you describe your own style?
I love street style. Mixing hard and soft, for example ripped jeans with a silk printed blouse and boots, accessorized w/ long layered delicate necklaces and a couple rings (I love rings).
7) Who’s your dream client?
Solange and Nicole Richie
8) Your work seems to be geometric, do you enjoy architecture as well?
It may sound contrary but nature and big cities are two environments that feed my creativity.
9) What’s a great website you visit daily/weekly?
I used to visit multiple fashion blogs but my visits have turned to pinterest, it’s a one stop shop when you don’t have hours to scour the internet.
10) When is your next trunk show/where can we get your jewelry?
Holiday in the Vineyards in Livermore @ Charles R. Vineyards
Or host your own trunk show with your freinds or co-workers!
To set one up email me at email@example.com
Thanks for taking a minute to catch up with us! We have a few favorites of ours that we wanted to share, check ’em out below!
(It’s also great to layer them!)
Kristen makes beautiful pieces that we love and love sharing with people!
Posted in Fashion, Jewelry, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged Bay area, christmas, designer, Fashion, gift guide, gift ideas, gifts, jewelry, k michael, kristen michael, lifestyle, san francisco, scarves, style