She’s a gorgeous designer from the bay area and has created her own fashion business from scratch. Who wouldn’t want a peek inside Kristen Michael’s life?! When not fully emersed in her work as a special education teacher, she makes time to channel her creativity. We love her work and had a chance to catch up with her to chat about K Michael Style.
1) When did you start designing?
I’ve always had my hands in projects since I was young, but I really started experimenting more after graduating college. I was making reconstructed clothing from vintage pieces, which soon morphed to making jewelry and scarves.
2) What are your favorite fashion concepts? (90’s grunge, bohemian, etc)
I would have to say a blend of bohemian & edgy.
3) What inspires you outside of fashion?
People who love what they do and those that are happy with very little is something that truly inspires me.
4) What’s the best advice you’ve received about starting your own fashion business?
Be more confident in your product and stop being so shy! (Marketing is not my strong suit)
5) What’s the most challenging thing about having your own business?
Time. I am a full time special ed teacher so finding time is my biggest challenge currently. I always think if I had more time I could do this and that….my to-do list for K.Michael is constantly growing.
6) How would you describe your own style?
I love street style. Mixing hard and soft, for example ripped jeans with a silk printed blouse and boots, accessorized w/ long layered delicate necklaces and a couple rings (I love rings).
7) Who’s your dream client?
Solange and Nicole Richie
8) Your work seems to be geometric, do you enjoy architecture as well?
It may sound contrary but nature and big cities are two environments that feed my creativity.
9) What’s a great website you visit daily/weekly?
I used to visit multiple fashion blogs but my visits have turned to pinterest, it’s a one stop shop when you don’t have hours to scour the internet.
10) When is your next trunk show/where can we get your jewelry?
Holiday in the Vineyards in Livermore @ Charles R. Vineyards
Or host your own trunk show with your freinds or co-workers!
To set one up email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for taking a minute to catch up with us! We have a few favorites of ours that we wanted to share, check ’em out below!
(It’s also great to layer them!)
Kristen makes beautiful pieces that we love and love sharing with people!
Posted in Fashion, Jewelry, Photography, Uncategorized
- Tagged Bay area, christmas, designer, Fashion, gift guide, gift ideas, gifts, jewelry, k michael, kristen michael, lifestyle, san francisco, scarves, style
When the weather starts to get crisp and you need a warm accessory, we all run to our scarves! There are so many different types to choose from we end up picking along the lines of how we are feeling. Take a look at some of the varieties, any way you can’t go wrong!
(Have a scarf with a little fringe at the end? This is a great way to tie together a subtle look)
(Bright colors always equal fun!)
(Feeling fiesty? Tiger print is the way to go!)
(Leopard print never goes out of style)
(Add a swirl of color to create some flair for your outfit)
We love how scarves add both instant warmth and style to any outfit, maybe that’s why we have dozens!
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Uncategorized
- Tagged Fashion, fashionable, fierce, flair, fringe, Fun., IFL, scarf, scarves